Pigmentation Course Quiz
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
What are the roles and responsibilities of a Laser Protection Advisor (LPA)? ( Mark 3 correct answers)CorrectIncorrect
What does the LASER acronym stands for? (Mark one correct answer)CorrectIncorrect
Match the correct laser classification
- Laser products are considered to be safe during normal operation including normal long term intrabeam viewing even when using optical viewing instruments.
- Safe for the naked eye under the reasonably foreseeable conditions of operation but may present a hazard if magnifying optical instruments are used with them.
- A person receiving an eye exposure will be protected from injury by their own natural aversion response. However, repeated deliberate exposure to the laser beam may not be safe.
- Class 1
- Class 1M
- Class 2
What are the causes of pigmentation? (Mark 3 answers)CorrectIncorrect
Mark just the sentences which are true regarding Skin Phototypes.CorrectIncorrect
Match the description of these 3 levels of cellular damage.
- -Begins its damage within the cells environs and the cell membrane -Extracellular environment
- -Begins its damage within the cells environs and the cell membrane -Extra and intracellular environment
- Damage has moved to the cells mitochondria cells membrane -Intracellular environment
- Oxidative stress
- Lipid Peroxidation
- Mitochondria DNA damage
What could stop the keratinocyte from picking up melanosomes? (Sort the sentences in order)
- These medications cause the pituitary gland to make too much melanin stimulating hormone.
- and in turn, the melanocyte creating an uncontrolled manufacturing of melanosomes and of course pigment creating the MSH cascade.
- Causing melanin stimulating hormone (MSH) to continuosly adhering to the receptors of the keratinocyte.
- Pregnancy, or medications such as oral contraceptive, in-vitro fertilisation medication or progesterone based medication.
The Keratinocytes cells requires 3 nutrients which are essential for cell permeability,preventing lipid peroxidation and controlling cellular inflammation . They are: (Mark 3 answers)CorrectIncorrect
Which one is NOT a structural difference between melanocytes of Phototypes 4 to 6 and 1 to 3? (Mark one answer)CorrectIncorrect
Which areas of the body can hormonal pigmentation (MSH cascade) be found?CorrectIncorrect